- Feed the Fam: Samira’s Snacks
- Not Your Mama’s PB&J: Frying Your Favorite Comfort Food
- Feed the Fam: Baked Panko Macadamia Nut Chicken Fingers with Mango Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Feed the Fam Series: Capellini Pomodoro with Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Feed the Fam Series: Healthy Chicken “Fried” Rice
- Feed the Fam Snack Attack: A Crunchy Moms Approach to Snacks
- Feed the Fam: White Chicken Chili
- Feed the Fam: Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- On-the-Go Strawberry Mango Smoothies
- Feed the Fam: Quinoa Turkey Burgers with Feta and Spinach
- Feed the Fam: Crockpot Adobo Chicken
- Feed the Fam: Samira’s Fall Granola Bars
- Holiday Pancakes: Whole Wheat Pumpkin and Eggnog Pancakes
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Feed The Fam: Egg Flower Soup (the best sick day soup ever)
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread
- Feed the Fam: Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- Feed the Fam: Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Feed the Fam: Clean Eating Turkey Tacos
- Feed the Fam: 20 Minute Chicken Enchilada Soup (Bonus: can also be made into a freezer meal)
- Feed the Fam: Thai Inspired Quinoa Bowls
- Feed the Fam: Date Night Chicken Pan Fried Noodles
- Feed the Fam: Clean and Healthy Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- Chili Cocoa Nana Bread
- Breakfast Enchiladas
I love pinterest for recipes of late, and most especially since RMB’s night with the amazing Lara Ritchie at Nothing to it!, I’ve been trying to find things closer to the 15-30 min timeframe. Her class helped me know that it’s not only possible, but what to look for and what to pre-prep 🙂 This recipe was found by my lovely Mom @ Primavera Kitchen .
TURKEY SWEET POTATO SKILLET
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, diced
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of chili pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (we used SHARP cheddar which was amazing :))
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- WE ADDED 1 bundle chopped asparagus… Other things that would be yummy: Spinach, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli
- In a skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt and pepper. ADD any extra veg here 🙂
- Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato.
- While the sweet potato is cooking pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the oven to melt the cheese.
- When the cheese melts, remove from the oven and garnish with parsley. We skipped the parsley, and it was still delicious.
My favorite things are the versatility, you could also swap the sweet potatoes for butternut or another squash :). I also like that it packs a lot of flavor without a lot of added seasoning. It’s great for kids, even an easy finger food for my 18 month old!