The Reno Moms Blog is a community resource connecting Northern Nevada moms to each other and local resources both online and offline for nurturing, education, friendship and support. We are a collaborative blog written by and for local moms with regular posts on things to do around town, ways to get involved in the community, parenting solutions, personal essays from local moms, local business spotlights, giveaways and more.
Reno Moms Blog is a community of women that:
- Connects moms to information and parenting perspectives unique to our area
- Brings the online world of the mom blog to the local level
- Encourages women to connect with one another offline
- Supports and promotes small, local, family-friendly businesses in our community
- Aligns with charitable organizations in our area
The site was co-founded by Annie McFarland and Jenny Petty. The site is currently managed by Lynnette Bellin and the social media promotion is done by Meagan Sabich. Alas, our dear Jenny Petty has recently moved out of the Reno area, but she still helps us behind the scenes with technical support and business development.
What We Believe
- The experience of being a mom can be vastly enriched through meaningful connections with other women – both online and off
- Children and our families benefit from mothers who feel fulfilled, connected and supported in their communities
- The pervasiveness and availability of the internet has made connecting online easier, but often leaves a void where women once connected in their neighborhoods, community centers, and the aisles of the grocery store
- Sharing the real stories and honest experiences of parenthood is both necessary and valuable; doing so in a collaborative, supportive and locally-focused space benefits both the women who write and the women who read, thereby strengthening an integral part of the community itself.