- Feed the Fam: Samira’s Snacks
- Not Your Mama’s PB&J: Frying Your Favorite Comfort Food
- Feed the Fam: Baked Panko Macadamia Nut Chicken Fingers with Mango Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Feed the Fam Series: Capellini Pomodoro with Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Feed the Fam Series: Healthy Chicken “Fried” Rice
- Feed the Fam Snack Attack: A Crunchy Moms Approach to Snacks
- Feed the Fam: White Chicken Chili
- Feed the Fam: Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- On-the-Go Strawberry Mango Smoothies
- Feed the Fam: Quinoa Turkey Burgers with Feta and Spinach
- Feed the Fam: Crockpot Adobo Chicken
- Feed the Fam: Samira’s Fall Granola Bars
- Holiday Pancakes: Whole Wheat Pumpkin and Eggnog Pancakes
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Feed The Fam: Egg Flower Soup (the best sick day soup ever)
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread
- Feed the Fam: Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- Feed the Fam: Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Feed the Fam: Clean Eating Turkey Tacos
- Feed the Fam: 20 Minute Chicken Enchilada Soup (Bonus: can also be made into a freezer meal)
- Feed the Fam: Thai Inspired Quinoa Bowls
- Feed the Fam: Date Night Chicken Pan Fried Noodles
- Feed the Fam: Clean and Healthy Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- Chili Cocoa Nana Bread
- Breakfast Enchiladas
My name is Samira Dilles and I am a Personal Trainer and Fitness Team Representative at Saint Mary’s Fitness Center. I am in the process of getting my Bachelors of Science in Nutritional Sciences and Community Health Science. Health and Fitness have always been a passion for me and it is now my goal to share that passion with everyone.
As a fitness/health enthusiast and Certified Personal Trainer, I feel it is my job to encourage a healthy lifestyle – not only through exercise but through nutrition as well. Getting to the gym and exercising is only a small portion of your day; the decisions you make for the remainder of day have a huge impact on your health.
Don’t let you time in the gym go to waste! There are many ways to substitute ingredients in some of your favorite recipes to make them fit your fitness goals. Here are a few of my favorite go-to recipes when I am craving something comforting and satisfying. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Samira’s Snacks – Homemade Fall Granola Bars
- 1 packed cup of medjool dates
- 1 ¼ cup mixed nuts and dried fruit (almonds, cashews, craisins etc)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ honey or agave
- ¼ sugar-free peanut or almond butter
Mix nuts and oats in a large bowl.
Process dates in food processor until rolls into a ball. Break up date paste ball over oat mix. In small sauce pan, heat nut butter and agave/honey until well mixed but not boiling. Pour over dates and oat mix. Wet hands (to repel the sticky dates) and mix thoroughly with hands. Flatten out with hands on a lined baking sheet and pop in freezer for 10 mins. Cut up into bars. Should make 10-12 bars!