We’re halfway into summer, and the “anyone know of anything free to do this week with my kiddos” questions are rolling in on the mom boards! I hear ya, mommas. Getting the kids out of the house without totally killing your budget can be challenging. Soooo….here are five free, or almost free, events happening this week for you and your kiddos. Some are as soon as TODAY, so don’t miss out!
1. Today is Cow Appreciation Day @ Chick-Fil-A. Dress yourself and your kiddos up as cows and head over to the Chick-Fil-A on South McCarran and you will get a free entree! Who doesn’t love a free meal?!? Their cow will be out and about at the restaurant from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Find more details on the event page HERE.
2. Ride, jog, or walk the new East Shore Trail at Lake Tahoe. Parking is near the old Ponderosa Ranch, and the trail runs three miles up to Sand Harbor. Load the littles up in a jogging stroller or a bike trailer and take a beautiful ride by the lake. If you have bigger kids, bring their bikes, and you can jog alongside! This is on my agenda in the next week. Let us know if you’ve already tried it!
3. Discover Hula @ Reno Artown! Head to the McKinley Arts and Culture Center on July 10th from 9:30-11:30 with your 6- to 12-year-olds and enjoy an introduction to hula. Participants will participate for an hour, take a short break, and then enjoy an art project presented by Sierra Arts. Totally free!
4. Take the kids to Century Riverside 12 theaters this Tuesday @ 10 for Kung Fu Panda, or next Monday or Tuesday at 10 for The Lego Movie. While not free, these are only $1/person! It’s a fun (and nice and cool) activity to take the kids to during the summer.
5. Food Truck Fridays. Okay, so also not a completely free event, but if you were planning to eat out for dinner once this week, why not make it Friday?!? The event itself is free, there’s live music and all the amazing food trucks you can imagine. Or, keep your budget down even further by eating dinner first, then heading to Idlewild to buy dessert from a truck and enjoy the music and weather. The event is on Fridays from 4-9pm.