Moms of the world. You work so damn hard. Like working in a coal mine hard (and I would know because once upon a time, I did, in fact, work at a coal mine). You do things that no one knows about. You’ve seen things that might make a weaker man’s or woman’s stomach churn, but you know what? You handle it because….
Eff Yeah! You’re a Mom!
- You coordinate, motivate, schlep your children to school 5 days a week with the precision of an army general. #effyeahimamom
- You might get pooped on before you even leave the house. Like another human being may, literally, poop on you. #effyeahimamom
- You pack those damn lunches. And you pack ’em good. #effyeahimamom
- You get multiple kids into the appropriate car seat for their height, weight and temperament. Maybe it takes the moves of a WWE Superstar, but by God you make sure those kids are belted in. #effyeahimamom
- You cook. Or you don’t. But somehow, someway, your kids are alive and thriving. Maybe that’s because of the copious amounts of organic veggies and kale and blueberry shakes you give them or maybe it’s because you own stock in Kraft and pay homage to a certain gold and blue box. Whatevs. #effyeahimamom
- You love your kids. God, do you love them. You didn’t know you were capable of this kind of love. Or this level of vulnerability. Or tenderness. #effyeahimamom
- You make sacrifices without thinking about it. #effyeahimamom
- You get to work every morning. Sometimes there are tears, sometimes tempers are lost, sometimes you have spit up on your shoulder or cheerios in your hair…but you get there and you work hard. You know why? Because being away from your kids every day? It has to be worth it. #effyeahimamom
- Speaking of working…you bring home that bacon and you fry it up too. Because who doesn’t love bacon? #effyeahimamom
- Playing ninja? Learning to braid? Teaching a boy to aim? Cleaning up puke or poop or spilled milk? You do it. #effyeahimamom
- Laundry. That’s all I really need to say about that. #effyeahimamom
- Oh and dishes. #effthose, oops, I mean, #effyeahimamom
- Sleep? Sleep is for the weak. Or for non-mothers. #effyeahimamom
- You make your house a home. #effyeahimamom
- The family events/activity calendar? That’s you. #effyeahimamom
- Peeing alone? It’s a luxury you don’t get. #effyeahimamom
- Chicken nuggets? You can make those into a gourmet meal. Or gourmet-ish. #effyeahimamom
Certainly, I am not the only one who feels like an unsung hero so tell me your #effyeahimamom moments in the comments!
* This post was not sponsored by Kraft Mac ‘N Cheese, but hey Kraft I love you and we should get together. And eat mac ‘n cheese that I expertly prepare in the microwave. With a side of chicken nuggets.