I love Fall, it’s my absolute favorite season. I am a bit of a pumpkin nut, I love crisp cool air, the light breezes, watching the leaves change, sweaters, the start of the new school year… Just everything about Autumn. Since I adore it so much I always want to make sure that I get to enjoy as many of the FALL ONLY activities possible. Thus a bucket list was born! Like Shelley and her family I find that we get caught up in the insanity of life and the things we enjoy can fall by the wayside. I can’t wait until my boys are a little older and better able to participate in creating these seasonal TO DO lists! Here, in no particular order, is my list:
1. DAWN PATROL at The Great Reno Balloon Races. I love the mass ascension, being on the field as the balloons go up is the magical stuff childhood memories are made of.
2. Lake Tahoe for one last beach day.
3. Apple Hill. It’s worth every second of the drive.
4. Walks along the Truckee to see the leaves changing. (with coffee, we love The Hub!)
5. S’mores over a fire pit. (just add friends and a little stargazing)
6. Homemade Chili. (I love moving toward more hearty fare)
7. Jump in a leaf pile!
8. Carve Pumpkins and roast the seeds.
9. Wolf Pack Football Game!
10. Thankful days in November. From FB status’ to gratitude jars and thankful trees there are just so many people saying THANK YOU.
I adore this bucket list trend because it serves as a reminder of all the things your family really wants to do in the next three months, together. I like that it helps me appreciate each season and find new things to introduce to my boys. Fall is easy for me, but in my not so favorite seasons this really helps me to remember to celebrate the season we’re in and to be grateful for each day. There are, of course, more than 10 amazing fall things 🙂
What are you favorite “it’s not Fall until…” things?