The semi-annual Just Between Friends Reno sale event is a Reno Moms Blog favorite: not only were they one of our first sponsors, but we LOVE a good deal! And we just learned about another unique aspect of the sale from local mama Holly K. Read on to learn more about their incredible VIP Tagging Service!
Holly says, “I attended a JBF sale before my son was born in 2012, and thought it was a nifty idea. I saw a flyer for the sale coming up next month and checked out their website out of curiosity. On their site, they had a post about their upcoming tagging workshops – and although I highly doubted that I would find the time to tag all the detritus I had left over from Izzy and Eli – I went!
During the workshop, Katie (Reno sale co-owner) told me about the VIP tagging service – lightbulb! They have a VIP tagging service for $20 – you hand all your stuff (kids, maternity and nursing) over to your VIP Tagger, the person tags everything and sends their planned prices to you. You approve or change the prices, and the VIP Tagger delivers everything to the events center for the sale.
The VIP Tagger also gets a portion of your 60% proceeds from the same (10% if you volunteer four hours at the event, 20% if you do not). My theory is that sharing 10% of the profits with my VIP tagger was far better than zero – which is what I would get if I didn’t actually get my rear in gear and tag/sell!
The VIP Tagger I am partnered with, Miriam, is super sweet and accommodating. She has a nice, tidy, home and what looks like a great system to me. I dropped off a ton of clothes and shoes (infant to 5T girl and boy) as well as maternity clothes, breast pump and accessories. I will be dropping off the larger items this week – jumparoo, swing, bouncer, walker, stride to ride, big wheel, t-ball accessories… then, she sends me a list of prices that she suggests for all of the items, and I can approve or change them. Miriam makes sure all my stuff gets to the actual sale location, and then – that’s it!”
I’m soooo excited to have someone else take care of getting it all prepped (and out of my house) and I just get a check mailed to me after the sale!
If you’re not familiar with the JBF sale, here’s how it works:
- Sellers (or “consignors”) bring their items to sell. They price them and tag them using JBF’s free tagging website.
- Shoppers purchase items at great savings usually 50 – 90% OFF retail!
- Quality and safety first: All items are carefully inspected to ensure quality and safety for shoppers and their families. They make sure you find only the absolute best items at their events. You will find high quality, gently-loved items, and often you can find NEW items with the original price tags!
The upcoming spring sale runs Friday, May 2 till Sunday, May 4 at the Reno Livestock Events Center on Wells. Get a free pass to the sale here!
- Thursday, May 1: Pre-sale shopping opens; see schedule for details!
- Friday, May 2nd: 9am-6pm
- Saturday, May 3rd: 9am-3pm
- Sunday, May 4th: 9am-2pm – most items half-off!